Task 3 – Capacity building & knowledge exchange
Task 3 of DEEP SEAS will provide a common approach and methodology to support European Member States in knowledge gathering, sharing best practice and capacity building for evidence-based alcohol policy and harm-reduction across multiple sectors, adopting a health in all policies approach.
For this end, in collaboration with sister contract FAR SEAS, the project will elaborate evidence-based briefing documents and organise multi-sectoral thematic workshops for knowledge exchange and capacity building, focusing on 5 specific policy topics related to alcohol:
- Marketing and advertising.
- Taxation of alcohol, and other pricing mechanisms.
- Agriculture policies and support mechanisms.
- Alcohol consumption and nutrition/caloric intake.
The DEEP SEAS Mapping Exercise
As part of the development of the thematic documents and workshops, DEEP SEAS has created a questionnaire designed to gather national-level input from stakeholders in many different sectors (policy, civil society, academia, research, clinical).
The second wave of the mapping exercise will soon be starting, including the opportunity to contribute to the agendas and policy areas for discussion in the workshop topics. (you could also win the chance to attend an EU-level alcohol-related event)
Watch this space!
Overview of the Thematic Workshops
Due to the current public health crisis and travel rescrictions to reduce the spread of covid-19, the workshop originally planned for Slovenia in May will be postponed.
Watch this space for updates on new dates for the series of workshops on:
– Alcohol Advertising and Sponsorship in Traditional and Digital Media
– Alcohol and its relation to Socioeconomic Inequalities, Nutrition & Obesity and Cancer
– Alcohol Agricultural Policy to Protect Health
– Alcohol Taxation, Pricing and Cross-Border Policy
– Assessing national prevalence of FASD