Task 3 – Capacity building & knowledge exchange
Task 3 of DEEP SEAS will provide a common approach and methodology to support European Member States in knowledge gathering, sharing best practice and capacity building for evidence-based alcohol policy and harm-reduction across multiple sectors, adopting a health in all policies approach.
For this end, the project will elaborate evidence-based briefing documents and organise multi-sectoral thematic workshops for knowledge exchange and capacity building, focusing on 5 specific policy topics related to alcohol:
- Marketing and advertising.
- Taxation of alcohol, and other pricing mechanisms.
- Agriculture policies and support mechanisms.
- Alcohol consumption and nutrition/caloric intake.
Watch this space for updates on:
– Dates of Thematic Workshops on alcohol policy topics
– Opportunities to contribute to the agendas and policy areas for discussion in each topic through the DEEP SEAS Mapping Exercise.